DES MOINES, Iowa – Early Wednesday morning, multiple locations in Des Moines were the target of federal search warrants. The U.S. Attorney’s office for the Southern District of Iowa announced that search warrants were executed in the following locations:
- 1100 block of 24th Street, Des Moines
- 1300 block of 13th Place, Des Moines
- 800 block of Loomis Avenue, Des Moines
- 1200 block of East 32nd Stree, Des Moines
- 6300 block of Hickman Road, Des Moines
- 1300 block of Clark Street, Des Moines
- 5100 block of Ingersoll Avenue, Des Moines
- 1700 block of Logan Avenue, Des Moines
- 400 block of Aurora Avenue, Des Moines
- 2200 block of 32nd Street, Des Moines
- 1800 block of 2nd Avenue, Des Moines
- 300 block of East Grand Avenue, Des Moines
The U.S. Attorney’s office said that searches at these locations were an official law enforcement action involving officers, agents, and investigators from the Mid-Iowa Narcotics Enforcement Task Force; Central Iowa Gang Task Force; Des Moines Police Department; Iowa Division of Narcotics Enforcement; Polk County Sheriff’s Office; Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives; Iowa State Patrol, Iowa Division of Intelligence and Fusion Center; Iowa State Patrol SWAT; U.S. Marshals Service; Central Iowa Drug Task Force; Drug Enforcement Agency; Mid-Iowa Narcotics Enforcement Task Force East; Homeland Security Investigations; Altoona Police Department; Story County Sheriff’s Office; Ames Police Department; Norwalk Police Department; West Des Moines Police Department; Ankeny Police Department; METRO Star, SERT; Iowa 5th Judicial District; and the Federal Bureau of Investigation – Chicago, Kansas City, and Omaha offices.
No additional information has been released.