The Iowa Torch: Shining a light on Iowa politics. Launched in 2020 we want to become your new trusted source of Iowa political news.
The Iowa Torch is a publication of 4:15 Communications, LLC. It is a for-profit news organization that focuses on political news as it relates to Iowans.
Mission: The mission of The Iowa Torch is to inform Iowans about important policy and political news from the local, state, and federal levels and engage Iowans with thoughtful commentary and analysis from a center-right perspective.
What we cover:
- State Government: Executive Branch, Legislature, Courts
- Federal Government: Iowa’s Members of Congress, Federal policy that impacts Iowa
- Campaigns: Iowa Caucus, Iowa’s Congressional and U.S. Senate Races, statewide races, Iowa legislative races
- Iowa’s Political Parties
- Local Government
- Education and other issues of interest to our readers.
- Tell the truth: As far as the truth can be ascertained, reporters and columnists for The Iowa Torch will tell the whole truth and seek to provide all the facts related to a story.
- News is news, commentary is commentary: Readers of The Iowa Torch will know what articles are news and which articles are opinion. Our writers will not interject their personal opinion into news articles.
- Transparency: While every effort will be made to avoid conflicts of interest if one is present The Iowa Torch will disclose it. If a mistake is made in an article, we will note that an article was edited and what was changed.
- Fairness and Accuracy: The Iowa Torch will not mislead our readers or misquote sources. We will strive to make sure the facts in a story are accurate and provide the context of any quote, video clip, or audio clip referenced. If we make a mistake we will quickly and publicly correct it.
- Family-friendly: The Iowa Torch will not publish crude, graphic, or profane language or images. If the subject matter of an article is not suitable for young readers we will provide a warning at the top of the article.