DES MOINES, Iowa – Stand for America PAC on Tuesday dropped its first TV ad in support of former Ambassador Nikki Haley’s presidential campaign. The ad highlights Haley’s foreign policy experience and her stance toward Communist China.
The New York Times reports that the super PAC has reserved more than $13 million in ad time in Iowa and New Hampshire. The 30 second ad follows a major policy address focused on China that Haley gave at the American Enterprise Institute on June 27. On Monday, Haley released the second phase of her China plan.
The first phase outlined a three-prong approach:
- Economically: Make sure China isn’t using our economy to benefit its military and end the export of sensitive technology to Beijing.
- Militarily: Build up our military and strengthen ties with Japan, South Korea, Australia, India, and the Philippines. Arm Taiwan with what it needs to defend itself while making sure American naval presence in the Taiwan Strait remains strong.
- Domestically: Eliminate Chinese propaganda and influence from our schools and government, and end normal trade relations if China doesn’t stop the flow of fentanyl that is killing thousands of Americans.
The second phase expands her plan to include:
- Rolling back the Biden Administration green energy mandates and handouts Haleys says are a giveaway to China
- Cut off Chinese drug trafficking money
- End government purchases of Chinese tech that threatens our national security
- Stop the U.S. government’s collaboration with China on science and technology
- Don’t let up on China sanctions
Haley has used her experience as U.N. Ambassador to help distinguish herself from the rest of the Republican field and has been the most vocal candidate addressing Communist China.
You can watch the ad here or above, the transcript of the ad is below:
Narrator: “Nikki Haley fought America’s enemies at the U.N. and won.”
Haley: “China’s dictators want to cover the world in Communist tyranny.”
Narrator: “Nikki Haley: tough as nails, smart as a whip, unafraid to speak the truth.”
Haley: “Communist China won’t just lose, like the Soviet Union before it, Communist China will end up on the ash heap of history.”
Narrator: “Nikki Haley: a strong leader for a strong America.”